While there have been considerable changes and evolutions with both music and the landscape over the expanse of 28 years since the Review held its first annual Music Awards ceremony at the legendary Fordney Hotel to honor the creativity and talent of regional musicians that inspire, inform, and entertain us with their talent, one thing that has remained consistent is both the diversity and quality of musicianship that resonates throughout this area.
Therefore, it is with great pleasure that we proudly announce a stellar line-up for our 28th Annual Review Music Awards Ceremony & Celebration, which will be held at the Lumber Barons Brewery in the Genevieve Ballroom at 804 E. Midland St., in Bay City on Sunday, April 27th.
The Review Music Awards is a very special annual event whereby the public-at-large has the opportunity to honor, hang out with, and soak up the special musical talents of top musicians in genres of Rock, Blues, Country, Hip Hop & Jazz, along with many miscellaneous categories, awarding top honors to Great Lakes Bay musicians in over 60 different categories and divisions. Indeed, this year over 6000 people went the extra distance to both register and vote online during the nominating process alone.
However, music is also much more than a popularity contest, so again this year the Music Awards Executive Board decided to institute a flight of ‘Critic’s Choice’ awards that will also be announced at the ceremony, as determined by a panel of writers, club owners, deejays, and those most deeply immersed in the local music scene on a daily basis.
Additionally, 2014 will mark the second year of presenting a very special award to two exceptional individuals that have made a cultural impact beyond our region, and will be inducted into the on-going class of the Great Lakes Bay Music Hall of Fame.
Guest presenters and local personalities will be on hand to present the awards and we will feature special first-time collaborations and musical performances by the following line-up of artists:
• 2 B’s Or Not 2 B’s – A Tribute the Hammond B-3 Organ performed by The ORGANization, which consists of Michael Brush, Dan ‘Swivel’ Sliwinski, Jim Fulkerson, Bryan Rombalski & Michael O’Brian.
• The Ladies of the Michigan Jazz Trail with the MJT Rhythm Section. This segment will showcase four incredibly talent female jazz vocalists spanning the generations that consist of Molly McFadden, Julie Mulady, Lauren Thomas and Dacia Mackey backed up by the Michigan Jazz Trail Rhythm Section.
• Rocktropolis – This uniquely gifted rock powerhouse incorporates a variety of musical textures into their full-bodied and progressive instrumental based sound.
•Greta Van Fleet – This young musical Rock ‘n Roll band, hailing from Frankenmuth, needs to be seen to be believed. Consisting of members Jake, Josh & Sam Kiska along with drummer Daniel Wegner, the group ranges in ages from 14 to 17 and apart from their youthful vitality, they possess an accomplished sound well beyond their years.
• Jeff Yantz & the Barnhands – Jeff has been a long standing contributor to our area’s creative climate; and his newly assembled group produces a melting pot of musical styles ranging from Folk, Roots, Country and Americana.
• Spitzer – Last year’s Awards Winner in several divisions, including Hip Hop Artist of the Year, Mike Spitz will perform new and fresh material with a live band of varied musicians backing his inventive and creative rhyming talents.
The Awards Ceremony will run from 5 – 10:00 PM and will be followed by our Awards VIP After Party, which will run from 10 PM – 1 AM and feature performances by Dani Vitany & Ten Hands Tall, Bluesmobile and The Hipakrtiz.
Tickets are only $10.00 advance and $15.00 the day of the show. Plus you can get a table of 6 tickets for only $50.00. Advance ticket purchase also gets you free admission to the VIP After Party, with proceeds going to establish the Michigan Music Hall of Fame.
Please understand that this ceremony is not only for musicians but also for the public at large to enjoy. Tickets will go on sale March 14th at the following locations:
Saginaw: Review Magazine • White’s Bar • Records & Tape’s Galore • Oppermann’s Cork ‘n Ale • Mac’s Bar • Thunderbrew Coffee Company
Bay City: Lumber Baron’s Brewery • The Dockside Restaurant • Bemo’s • Herter Music
Midland: Tim Boychuck’s State Farm Insurance • Mid Michigan Music • Fulkerson Music Studio • Winston’s Pub
Only 250 tickets are available for this special event, so act now to assure you don’t miss it!
We are very pleased and excited with both our line-up and the increasing attention that this Awards Ceremony has earned over the years and look forward to seeing you on Sunday, April 27th.
Mark the date on your calendar and be sure to get your tickets now!
16th November, 2023
7th November, 2023