THE NEW GILDED AGE (Part 2)
Since its inception in 1987 the annual Review Music Awards has evolved into a time-honored tradition of bringing musicians of all shapes, sizes, colors, and genres together to both celebrate and honor the impact they make upon the expression and creation of music within our Great Lakes Bay region.
The 2020 Review Music Awards Ceremony represents your voice in helping us honor the many talented musicians & artists that enrich our cultural climate and represent some of the very performers we have throughout the state of Michigan.
THE FINAL VOTING ROUND
1. During the first round nomination stage we had a total of 1177 nominees and a total of 9251 votes cast. For the Final Voting Round the Top Five Nominees are listed in each division in random order. In the event of a tie, more nominees will be listed.
IMPORTANT: If your name or band is listed as one of the Top Five Final Nominees please email your name, the members in your band, and your physical Mailing Address to email@example.com so that we can send your invitations.
This year the 34th Annual REVIEW Music Awards will be held on SUNDAY, MAY 17th at Lumber Barons in Bay City in the Genevieve Ballroom. Watch for complete details that will be announced soon!
2. Please go to our website at www.review-mag.com and log in or register with our site to be able to vote for your top nominee. One click log-in from Facebook, Twitter and Gadget is also available. Please Note: If you are already a registered user, you don’t need to re-register to vote. However, if you forgot your password, simply reset your password with the “forgot password” link.
2. After you are logged in, click the ‘Awards’ Option in the site navigation. Once in this section, you will see a list of the various categories of Rock, Country, Blues, Jazz, Hip Hop, and Miscellaneous. Clicking on each option will list the specific awards to be honored in each division.
3. The top five nominees for each award will be presented in the final voting round that will run until Monday, February 24th and determine the winner in each category.
4. A panel consisting of the Review Music Awards Executive Board, local DJ’s, Music Journalists, and Club Owners will review the final selections to assure each nominee aligns with the appropriate category.
1. Bands or musicians considered for nomination must be from the Great Lakes Bay region, or perform in clubs within this area on a regular basis.
2. NO BALLOT STUFFING! Because each computer, account, and IP address are recorded and automatically cross referenced, only one vote per award per person. Anybody attempting to cheat the voting process will cause all votes from that computer and/or account(s) to be discarded! However, if you only have one computer at home and several family members wishing to vote, this will be allowed within reason – If this is the case, you must indicate your name in a separate email to us.
3. You should not vote for any awards or categories you aren’t familiar with. Winners will be honored at our special 34th Annual Review Music Awards Ceremony.
NOW DO YOUR DUTY AND VOTE!
Go ONLINE TO www.review-mag.com and nominate those musicians and artists you feel have contributed to their profession and your enjoyment during the past year. This is your opportunity to express your appreciation to those that give the tri-cities a distinct sound – something unique, vital and worthy of recognition.
Agrippina - Met Opera Live in HD
Amy Petty, the Darkness of Birds CD Release Show
LIT AF Tour: Martin Lawrence, DeRay Davis, Lil Rel Howery & Donnell Rawlings
Big Head Todd and the Monsters
Griselda Tour: Westside Gunn, Conway The Machine & Benny The Butcher
The Glorious Sons
Edge of Darkness
Goosebumps: The Science of Fear
Perspective Series: Redefining Representation - The Women of the 116th Congress Exhibit
Phantom of the Universe
Central Michigan Seed Swap
Lunch & Learn: The "Gear" 114 years of Success and Change
The Color Purple by Alice Walker - Varroa Mite Lecture
THE NEW GILDED AGE (Part 2)