THE NEW GILDED AGE (Part 2)
THE NEW GILDED AGE (Part 2)
Analyzing Sidney Powell's Lawsuit on Michigan Election Fraud
27th November, 2020 0
On late Wednesday, Nov. 25th, attorney Sidney Powell filed a 75-page lawsuit in Michigan, replete with detailed evidentiary affidavits seeking to set aside the results of the Presidential election, claiming that illegal, ineligible, duplicate, or purely fictitious ballots enabled by “massive election fraud” facilitated Biden’s win in the state. The complaint goes on to allege that “the entire process is so riddled with fraud, illegality, and statistical impossibility that voters, courts, and Michigan’s legislators, cannot rely upon or certify any numbers resulting from this election.”
You can read the entire text of the lawsuit here. While it regretfully contains a few typos and formatting issues, which have been a focus point used to vitiate the credibility of its arguments; we must also remember the pressure of time constraints and deadlines involved to get this filed in a timely manner given the looming electoral college deadline.
In terms of its substance, however, much of the suit hinges upon the election software and hardware from Dominion Voting Systems used by the Michigan Board of State Canvassers.
The complaint also alleges “an especially egregious range of conduct” in Wayne County and the City of Detroit and similar conduct throughout the state, which it attributed to direction from Michigan state election officials. It noted that the “same pattern of election fraud and voter fraud writ large occurred in all the swing states with only minor variations” in Pennsylvania, Arizona, and Wisconsin.
“The Dominion systems derive from the software designed by Smartmatic Corporation, which became Sequoia in the United States,” the complaint reads. “Smartmatic and Dominion were founded by foreign oligarchs and dictators to ensure computerized ballot-stuffing and vote manipulation to whatever level was needed to make certain Venezuelan dictator Hugo Chavez never lost another election,” it states, citing a alleging a Whisteblower's affidavit that the Smartmatic software was used to manipulate Venezuelan elections in favor of Chavez.
Indeed, it was none other than the New York Times reporting in 2017 that "Venezuela Reported False Election Turnout" citing Smartmatic, whose machines were used in that particular Venezuela election and several previous ones
Moreover, lawmakers, cybersecurity officials, and expert panelists warned the public years ago of the vulnerabilities of America’s election infrastructure, as well as threats of foreign and domestic interference in U.S. elections.
In December 2019, Sens. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), and Rep. Mark Pocan (D-Wis.) raised concerns about the poor condition and vulnerabilities of voting machines and other election equipment, as well as a lack of transparency, in letters sent to three private equity firms: McCarthy Group, Staple Street Capital Group, and H.I.G. Capital.
“A core requirement of the Smartmatic software design ultimately adopted by Dominion for Michigan’s elections was the software’s ability to hide its manipulation of votes from any audit,” the complaint alleges. Specifically, this violates federal law 50 USC Sec.20701 which requires “retention and preservation of records and papers by offices of elections; deposit with custodian; penalty for violation. But as will be shown wide-pattern of misconduct with ballots show preservation of records have not been kept; and Dominion logs are only voluntary, with no system wide preservation. Without an incorruptible audit log, there is no acceptable system.
Other significant components of the complaint include the following:
• The design and features of the Dominion software do not permit a simple audit to reveal its misallocation, redistribution, or deletion of votes. First, the system's central accumulator does not include a protected real-time audit log that maintains the date and time stamps of all significant election events. Key components of the system utilize unprotected logs. Essentially this allows an unauthorized user the opportunity to arbitrarily add, modify, or remove log entries, causing the machine to log election events that do not reflect actual voting tabulations—or more specifically, do not reflect the actual votes of or the will of the people. See Exh. 107, August 24, 2020 Declaration of HarriHursti, ¶¶45-48).
• In deciding to award Dominion a $25 million, ten-year contract (to a Dominion project team led by Kelly Garrett, former Deputy Director of the Michigan Democratic Party), and then certifying Dominion software, Michigan officials disregarded all the concerns that caused Dominion software to be rejected by the Texas Board of Elections in 2018 because it was deemed vulnerable to undetected and non-auditable manipulation.
An industry expert, Dr. Andrew Appel, Princeton Professor of Computer Science and Election Security Expert has recently observed, with reference to Dominion Voting machines: "I figured out how to make a slightly different computer program that just before the polls were closed, it switches some votes around from one candidate to another. I wrote that computer program into a memory chip and now to hack a voting machine you just need 7 minutes alone with it and a screwdriver."
• Plaintiff’s expert witness, Russell James Ramsland, Jr. (Exh. 101, “Ramsland Affidavit”), has concluded that Dominion alone is responsible for the injection, or fabrication, of 289,866 illegal votes in Michigan, that must be disregarded. This is almost twice the number of Mr. Biden’s purported lead in the Michigan vote (without consideration of the additional illegal, ineligible, duplicate or fictitious votes due to the unlawful conduct outlined below), and thus by itself is grounds to set aside the 2020 General Election.
• There Were At Least 289,866 More Ballots Processed in Four Michigan Counties on November 4 Than There Was Processing Capacity. (see Page 38 of complaint)
• Regarding the Dominion Tabulation system: The ImageCast tabulators are unlocked by an iButton security key, which is used to: • Authenticate the software version (ensuring it is a certified version that has not been tampered with) • Decrypt election files while processing ballots during the election • Encrypt results files during the election • Provide access control to the unit. It is anticipated that the iButton security keys may get lost; therefore, any substitute key created for the same tabulator will allow the unit to work fully. (See Page 42 of complaint).
Moreover, in states that required a requested ballot, a significant number of people whom the state marked as having requested a ballot but not having returned or received it was significant. In Michigan, 24% of the people contacted by Braynard Statistical research said they hadn’t requested a mail-in ballot, despite the state receiving a completed ballot in their name.
One of Braynard’s biggest findings involved voters who had submitted a National Change of Address form to the post office, indicating they had moved out of state, yet appeared to have voted in 2020 in the state they moved from. In Georgia, the team found 138,221 such people, which represents a much larger number than the state’s current vote differential (12,670) in the presidential race. In Michigan, there were 51,302 such people; Wisconsin had 26,673, Nevada had 27,271, Arizona had 19,997, and Pennsylvania had 13,671.
In its prayer for relief the suit seeks an emergency order for the Federal Court of Appeals instructing de-certification of the election results, which could conceivably end up before the United States Supreme Court.
While we don’t know exactly what happened, the point is there is plenty of evidence suggesting something happened, more than enough to warrant asking rational questions and expecting reasonable answers.
Please login to commentLOGIN
Tunes by the Tridge
Party on McCarty
Fridays at the Fall
Friday Fun Nights
Bridgeport Historical Society Free Concert • Stix & Stone
Thursdays at Uptown
Rock the Boat Concert Series
2022 Concerts in the Park
Jazz in the Garden
Hearts & Bones • A Paul Simon Tribute
Pop Evil wig Riot
Independence Weekend Summer Slam: Rod Wave & Lil Durk
Barenaked Ladies, Gin Blossoms & Toad The Wet Sprocket
Machine Gun Kelly
The Doobie Brothers & Michael McDonald
Santana & Earth, Wind and Fire
Lunchtime Concert Series
Chris Stapleton, Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats, Marty Stuart & Madeline Edwards
Halestorm, The Pretty Reckless, The Warning & Lilith Czar
THE NEW GILDED AGE (Part 2)