Instructional

Saginaw Valley Humanities Series: 'The Fordney Hotel: A Majestic Beginning - a Dramatic Finale.

Posted In:Instructional

Saginaw had its own first-class hostelry when the Taylor House opened in 1967. People came from all over Michigan and out of state to stay there. However, it was closed often, then resold, remodeled and reopened. In 1908 a group of West Side businessmen organized to run the hotel. Because Congressman J.W. Fordney was the largest stockholder, the hotel was renamed the Fordney Hotel. Condemned in 1989, the spectacular fire in 1991 brought a dramatic end to the once majestic hotel. Roselynn Ederer will present its entire history. Held at SASA, 1903 N. Niagara, Saginaw. Music prelude at 7 pm; lecture at 7:30 pm.

Event Address

SASA

1903 N. Niagara

Event Date(s)

18th September, 2018, 07:30 PM

Events

Current Issue

Login

Don't have an account?

CREATE AN ACCOUNT